Last February I decided to take on the challenge of competing in the Wildflower Triathlon, one of the nations most difficult Triathlons,which took place in May of 2006. The distance I would cover included a 1.5K (1 mile) Open Water Swim, followed by an intense 40K (25 Mile) bike ride and finishing off with a 10K (6 Mile) Run. I finished this race in 5 hours, since then I have continued to document my journey. http://www.active.com/donate/tntsvmb/tntsvmbSButler

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Year in perspective




April 2005 ---------------May 2006



It's nearly Thanksgiving and this year has come to an end. I can't believe how much my life has changed since last Thanksgiving. I have a great group of friends, I'm in good shape, and I'm generally pretty happy. It's amazing what joining a group like Team in Training Will do for your life. Here are some highlights:

Mermaid 10K - (1:34)
Wildflower Oly - (5:00)
UVAS Sprint+ - (2:57)
SJIT Bike - (1:45) - Relay with Tamiko and Mary (Stopped to help Susan Fix a flat)
Catfish OW Swim - (54:52)
SF 1/2 Mary - (3:23)
Pac Grove Oly - (4:06)
Santa Cruz Sentinel bike - (1:30:07) - Company Sponsored Relay

I also did the Prudential Corporate Challenge as well as a couple of other 5K's and 10K's but these are just the highlights. I'm also doing the Run Wild 10K this weekend.

Who would have believed that I would have accomplished all that in a few short months. Life is good :-)

Here is what's on tap for next year:

Solvang Century - March 10
Wildflower - May 6
San Jose International - June 24
Oregon Midsummer Triathlon - July 29
Big Kahuna (My first 1/2 IM) - September 10
San Jose Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon - October 7th

With a lot of perserverance, much good health and a little luck I should have no problem in completing this schedule next year. I'm looking forward to it!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home